At Simply Framed we enjoy what we do, care deeply, demonstrate honesty, and choose to be bright. If our Core Values sound like where you want to be, drop us a line at email@example.com!
Controller / Bookkeeper (Denver, CO)
We are Simply Framed, a growth-focused company bringing artist-approved custom framing online. We enjoy what we do, care deeply, demonstrate honesty, and choose to be bright.
- Our reputation drives millions of dollars in sales every year organically. From Apartment Therapy to Nate Berkus, tastemakers recommend Simply Framed for quality and service when it matters - not when they’re paid.
- Our product drives both customer satisfaction and high LTV direct to consumer and through our trade program. See some of the artists, designers, galleries, and retailers that depend on Simply Framed for superior framing and printing services.
- Our platform allows novice and experienced users alike to quickly navigate sextillions of options to design and buy a frame they’ll love forever, thanks to a super clean user interface and programmatic recommendations from Simply Framed’s expert team, not an algorithm. Read the case study or design a Print & Frame or Full Service frame in the designer.
- Our people win the hearts and minds of our customers every day. We hire and fire based on our core values, and our culture drives our success.
We are looking for a Controller or Bookkeeper to help manage, plan, optimize, and keep our proverbial ducks in a row.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is trustworthy, dependable, and deliberate, and expects the same from the rest of our team.
- Feeds on Radical Candor. Caring deeply and challenging directly helps us stay healthy, both as a business and individuals.
- Knows your stuff. We need a candidate ready to build on our current strategy and tactics, pursuing adjustments in week 1 while planning through year 2.
- Nerds out when discussing chart of accounts, taxes, amortization, and payroll. Preferably all 4.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and a high emotional IQ every day.
- If you love art and photography, even better, as you’ll be eligible for our employee discount.
- Accounting Tasks in QBO
- Matching & Reconciliation in all accounts internal and 3rd party
- Accounts Receivable - process checks, research anomalies, and issue AR
- Accounts Payable - entering bills, check against actuals, and issue AP
- Oversee invoicing and outstanding payment follow up processes.
- Payroll processing & HR Benefits Administration
- Maintain deduction, benefit selection, and salary changes of all employees
- Sales Tax
- Submit and actively manage Sales Tax filings and payments
- Create & maintain documentation around all Bookkeeping practices for future hires.
- Strategic finance projects to support the management team. This is your chance to get creative and yes, we nerd out about finance.
- Reporting directly to the President & COO, you will both have direct access to all employees critical to your work and be given the freedom to bring on additional resources where necessary.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxes
- You will maintain a long term view of success but drive decisions with actionable data daily.
With healthy margins and a culture of strong opinions weakly held, Simply Framed could be the perfect opportunity to use finance to positively affect the direction of the company, direct your own initiatives, and see them through to fruition.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Remote positions will be considered, Colorado-based preferred.
- 5-10 years experience bookkeeping or as a Controller for a technology-enabled e-commerce brand, a mixture of B2B & D2C experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience using QuickBooks Online
- Strong experience using G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets)
- Outstanding email communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Have our Core Values running through your veins. They aren’t just words; we hire, fire, and live by these each day.
To apply, please email us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Bookkeeper Application - YOUR NAME"
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.